Licensed child care programs must meet and maintain specific provincial standards set out in the Child Care Early Years Act. These standards provide for the health, safety and developmental needs of the children.
At least once a year, staff of the Ministry of Education make unannounced inspections of all licensed child care programs to:
- make sure that provincial standards are being met
- issue and renew licences
- investigate complaints
- monitor operators who are having difficulty meeting licensing standards.
Licensing reports for all home-based and centre based licensed child care programs are available on the licensed child care finder or you can click on a link below to see a report:
- City of Toronto Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI) 2019
- City of Toronto Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI) 2019 Part 2
- Ministry of Education Licensing Summary Report 2020
- Ministry of Education Licensing Summary Report 2021
- Supplementary Child Care Centre Licensing Checklist – COVID-19 and New Regulations